From sports, to arts, to specialty programming, Keystone South has it all! Campers have their daily “choice” of over forty activities, giving them the power to diversify their experience on a daily basis.
Keystone South offers programs for campers aged 4-14! Take a look at our three distinct camp programs to fit the needs of each Keystone camper.
Each day is unique at Keystone South! Check out our theme weeks and special events for Summer 2023.
We’re THRILLED to be BACK for 2023 AT SOLANA RANCH ELEMENTARY!!
Our full day Junior Camp program is specifically designed for our youngest campers to ensure a PERFECT first camp experience!!
Junior Camp Program
What a great way to get our youngest campers interested in a recreational camp experience, than with our Junior Camp program! Our preschool and kindergarden aged campers will take part in a dynamic, engaging, and child centered camp day, focusing on a balance of social, emotional, and academic learning through play based activities. Allowing our youngest campers to develop a sense of camp and community in a nurturing and positive environment is our goal at Keystone South.
Our Junior Camp program is developed and led by Estela Leidy (aka Estrella). With over thirty years experience as a beloved kindergarten teacher in Solana Beach, your child couldn’t be in better hands! Our Junior Camp counselors are hand selected for their expertise and commitment to the growth and development of our youngest campers. With 5-to-1 camper to counselor ratios in Junior Camp, our degree of individual care and personalized connection with each child is unmatched.
Campers will LOVE our thematic and diverse activities in our Junior Camp program, constantly changing to expose our youngest campers to new and innovative experiences. In-depth crafts, games, sports, AND a solid bond and connection as a Junior Camp group, all of our Junior Camp activities are age appropriate and planned by a master in the field. Our favorite four and five year olds go home happy and tired after a full day of new experiences and group and individual activities.
Historically, our Junior Camp program fills up FAST, especially this summer with enrollment limited to 12 campers/group. Be sure to secure enrollment for your kids TODAY!!
Sample Junior Camp Schedule
Here’s a peek into a typical day in Junior Camp:
- Start their day with Choice Activities (Bikes, playhouse, ice cream cart, outdoor kitchen, play structure, basketball, and MORE!!) on their own age appropriate playground.
- Take part in a camp opening with songs, skits, and group FUN!!
- Create and design beautiful crafts – using all types of mediums and learning about various forms of art
- Run, kick, explore, shoot, skip, and hop their way through dynamic sports and game experiences
- Experience JR CAMP WEEKLY SPECIAL EVENTS all their own – visits from magicians, scientists, puppeteers!
- Love connecting with new friends and staff members. With a 5 to 1 camper to counselor ratio, we really get to know your camper!
- Enjoy a mid-morning snack
- Camp fun continues with crafts, hands-on exploration, scavenger hunts and water play
- Eat and socialize during lunch time
- Experience MORE games and choice activities, specifically designed for our Junior Campers
- End each day with singing and cooling down with popsicles