We’re THRILLED to be BACK for 2022 AT SOLANA RANCH ELEMENTARY!!
Our full day Junior Camp program is specifically designed for our youngest campers to ensure a PERFECT first camp experience!!
Junior Camp Program
What a great way to get our youngest campers interested in a recreational camp experience, than with our Junior Camp program! Our preschool and kindergarden aged campers will take part in a dynamic, engaging, and child centered camp day, focusing on a balance of social, emotional, and academic learning through play based activities. Allowing our youngest campers to develop a sense of camp and community in a nurturing and positive environment is our goal at Keystone South.
Our Junior Camp program is developed and led by Estela Leidy (aka Estrella). With over thirty years experience as a beloved kindergarten teacher in Solana Beach, your child couldn’t be in better hands! Our Junior Camp counselors are hand selected for their expertise and commitment to the growth and development of our youngest campers. With 5-to-1 camper to counselor ratios in Junior Camp, our degree of individual care and personalized connection with each child is unmatched.
New this summer to Junior Camp, we are hopeful to be able to offer swimming once again to our youngest campers every Tuesday and Thursday. This structured swim time is incredibly supervised in the safest of facilities, with a small (two-and-a-half foot) swimming area, water playground, and constant fun with our favorite counselors. We’ve had incredible success with our Junior Camp swimming sessions, ideal for both experienced and novice swimmers. Once again, our aquatics sessions will be dependent on local advisories by both SD County Health and the Solana Beach School District, to be determined this spring.
On non-swim days, campers will be love exploring our camp grounds the entire day and participating in even more camp fun. This will give our youngest campers an incredible opportunity for camp activities – more in-depth crafts, games, sports, AND a much more solid bond and connection as a Junior Camp group. Estrella is thrilled to have the entire day to work directly with her staff and campers, and she has been planning a FULL day for our favorite four-and-five year olds.
Our Junior Camp program fills up FAST, especially this summer with enrollment limited to 12 campers/group. Be sure to secure enrollment for your kids TODAY!!
Sample Junior Camp Schedule
Here’s a peek into a typical day in Junior Camp:
- Start their day with Choice Activities (Bikes, playhouse, ice cream cart, outdoor kitchen, play structure, basketball, and MORE!!) on their own age appropriate playground.
- Take part in a camp opening with songs, skits, and group FUN!!
- Create and design beautiful crafts – using all types of mediums and learning about various forms of art
- Run, kick, explore, shoot, skip, and hop their way through dynamic sports and game experiences
- Splash, swim, and play in our beautiful aquatics center every Tuesday and Thursday.
- Love connecting with new friends and staff members. With a 5 to 1 camper to counselor ratio, we really get to know your camper!
- Enjoy a mid-morning snack
- Camp fun continues with crafts, hands-on exploration, scavenger hunts and water play
- Eat and socialize during lunch time
- Experience MORE games and choice activities, specifically designed for our Junior Campers
- End each day with singing and cooling down with popsicles